Over 100 labourers from four Southern States rescued as massive raids continue at Nizamabad brick kilns

0
4
तेलंगाना


<!–[if IE 9]><![endif]–>

Several labourers rescued from bonded labour conditions at a cluster of brick kilns in Armoor mandal during raids on May 19, 2026.

A large-scale rescue operation is under way in Telangana’s Nizamabad district on Tuesday (May 19, 2026), after more than 100 labourers, including children, were rescued from alleged bonded labour conditions at a cluster of brick kilns in Armoor mandal.

🛍️
Best Trending Products Deals
Compare prices & buy online
Buy Now →

The operation was carried out at five brick kilns in Degam village, also known as Degaon, where workers from Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Odisha were being forced to work under exploitative conditions.

Officials identified BTR Brick Kiln as the main site where searches began on Tuesday (May 19, 2026) afternoon, with raids simultaneously extending to four adjoining kilns.

Armoor police along with other departments carried out raids at BTR Brick Kiln and adjoining sites where labourers were forced to work under exploitative conditions. epartments carried out raids at BTR Brick Kiln and adjoining sites where labourers were forced to work under exploitative conditions.

Armoor police along with other departments carried out raids at BTR Brick Kiln and adjoining sites where labourers were forced to work under exploitative conditions.

🛍️
Best Trending Products Deals
Compare prices & buy online
Buy Now →

Three special police teams comprising nearly 30 personnel of various ranks from the Armoor division were deployed for the operation. An official associated with the operation said that between 100 and 150 persons had already been rescued during the searches. Several of those rescued were women and children with visible signs of malnourishment, the official said.

Preliminary inquiry indicated that the labourers were allegedly kept in “bondage-like” conditions, with workers not being paid regular wages and instead being issued “vouchers” that could only be used to procure essential goods. Sources revealed that a labourer from the Tamil group alleged that he had been working at the kiln for nearly four years without receiving any actual wages and that his family survived on a ₹200 grocery voucher issued once a week.

Workers also alleged restriction of movement, denial of minimum wages, inability to freely seek employment or negotiate wages, instances of physical violence, sexual violence, and intimidation.

The rescue operation was initiated following a tip-off from relatives of one of the labourers, who alerted authorities that several workers were being confined and exploited at the kilns. Based on the information, police and other departments jointly planned the coordinated raids.

Officials carrying out verification and documentation process as part of the ongoing investigation. ion and documentation process as part of the ongoing investigation.

Officials carrying out verification and documentation process as part of the ongoing investigation.

Rescue efforts and inspections are under way trace additional workers and verify conditions at nearby facilities. The officials are also in the process of recording statements, identifying victims, and assessing the extent of exploitation across the four adjoining kiln units. Officials said that once the rescue operation concludes, a panchanama will be conducted and criminal cases will be registered against the owners and those responsible for operating the facilities.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here